Christ For the City International is currently recruiting a team of local individuals for paid, project-based work in the following areas:
We are a faith based 501(c)(3) international urban ministry and mission agency headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska.
We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented individual to serve as our Finance Manager. The position includes administrating and managing our financials, accounting system, and accounting documentation. This position also supervises the Finance Assistant.
CFCI’s mission is to help people transform cities by transforming lives. It is our aim to encourage and strengthen local churches around the world.
We do this by engaging and mentoring the Body of Christ to develop ministries and programs to bring hope to the city. We garner the involvement of local churches and ministries to present people with the opportunity to develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and mobilize them into ministry.
You can learn more about our organization at www.cfci.org.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Working with the President and COO/CFO, manage the annual budgeting process. Prepare monthly financial reports for senior management.
- Perform day to day financial operations of CFCI which includes receipting and depositing contributions and payment of expenses.
- Administrate all accounting functions, such as: income statements, balance sheets, cash flow management, cost accounting, inventory valuation, donor acknowledgement, and bank reconciliation. Maintain and analyze all CFCI charts of accounts, reports and records.
- Assure that all CFCI policies, values and objectives are maintained throughout CFCI finances. Keep CFCI compliant with both the Internal Revenue Service regulations and the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability standards.
- Maintain the payroll system including tax reporting, payroll deductions, withholding and related legal issues.
- Coordinate the annual audit of CFCI with our independent auditing firm.
- Maintain the software system for donor and financial management functions.
- Answer donor questions and concerns via email or phone.
- Answer missionary and other clients’ questions and concerns. Train missionaries and staff in accounting policy and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills:
A combination of education and experience equivalent to a BA degree plus a minimum of 3 years experience in accounting and/or financial management.
Non-profit financial management experience preferred.
Proficiency with Word and Excel (at least intermediate level).
At least 3 years experience with SalesForce is required.
Extensive experience creating journal entries is required.
The ability to analyze information, deal with complexity, exercise precise data entry, give attention to detail, be thorough, and communicate well are a must.
A strong adherence to the CFCI statement of faith and core values.
Generous paid time off. Ability to work remotely on inclement weather days or in lieu of taking sick days. Great small office atmosphere where we cherish family values.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $44,250.00 /year
SalesForce: 3 years
accounting: 5 years
In order to inquire or apply for the job listed above, please fill out the inquiry form below, or contact us at 402-592-8332.
All applicants must be local to the Omaha area and willing to come in for an interview.